Monday 9 October 2017

#Inktober2017 #Screech

The prompt today is "screech", which was the excuse I needed to draw this small yet mightily voiced creature: Hanifi.  He likes to join in on conversations and uses peoples heads as perches. We have only been introduced once so perhaps with further meetings I might get to head perch status. I was thinking about drawing the serious excitement that happened last night - Egypt qualified for the World Cup for the first time in 28 years. But it was not so much screeching but a collective roar of happy people celebrating, and I think it needed to be more of a soundscape than a drawing - think drumming, cars beeping, fireworks, chanting, singing, Sha3bi*, more beeping...I got a little scrouge like by the early hours. But congratulations Egypt :) 

*Sha3bi - Egyptian style music that I think sounds a little bangra like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment